GuideAnywhere (100% Remote) Crossover For Work posted 2 years ago
This is not a traditional teaching role. In fact, this is not a teaching role at all. Instead, it is the opportunity to coach kids in an alternative Texas-based setting using cutting-edge technology, while helping them gain valuable life skills through engaging workshops. If motivating kids is your passion, you want to impact them by using new educational models and technologies, and you’re excited to design, develop and execute skill-building workshops – this role is for you.
Alpha, a K-12 program, makes three core promises to students and families:
- Students love school.
- Students learn two times faster than students in a traditional school.
- Students learn life skills (like public speaking, goal setting, leadership, grit, and subject matter expertise ) that are necessary to be successful.
Apply today, and help lead the future of education!
What you will be doing:
You will have three primary responsibilities in this role:
- Motivate kids to do great things. Our students do their core academic work on adaptive software. It’s your job to figure out how to inspire kids every day to put in the work to accomplish their goals.
- Build great workshops. We reserve our afternoons for hands-on workshops that teach kids life skills. Your job is to design engaging experiences for kids where they practice life skills such as public speaking, giving and receiving feedback, and personal finance.
- Run the playbook. In this role, you will need to become an expert on our suite of learning apps, motivational strategies, and adaptive assessments.
- Willingness to live and work in one of these Texas cities: Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, or Austin.
- A passion for and experience with working with kids. Kids love you, and you know and love them.
- Demonstrated leadership, motivation and organizational skills.
- An eagerness to receive constructive feedback and act on it.
- The ability to thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a top university.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with kids and parents.
- The ability to build creative, never-done-before workshops that compel and excite kids.
- 3-7 years of experience in other competitive industries, such as finance or tech startups.